The Ten Commandments of Home Ownership
Taking care of our biggest investment is a tremendous responsibility. Following these Ten Commandments of Home Ownership is the best, first step to achieving those goals.
- Even if you plan to hold onto your home for the rest of your life, approach its care as if you were to sell it tomorrow.
- Remember to do something everyday towards the maintenance and improvement of your home.
- If you’re not proactive in taking care of your home, then you will be reactive.
- Have and adhere to a seasonal checklist.
- Hire a home inspector regularly.
- Pay it off as quickly as you can.
- Learn to budget appropriately.
- Teach your children the responsibilities of home ownership.
- Be realistic with your expectations.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the fruits of your labor.